The Trollbeads “Black Pearl” is so unusual, that after extensive searching, no background or history can be found, at least as far as my googling abilities are concerned! The only light that I can share about this ultra-rare beauty, is from my own recollections as being one of the first retailers in Canada to offer Trollbeads, way back in 2003… I’m pretty sure Trollbeads Black Pearls arrived to my shop around 2005-06, and they weren’t available for very long.
Freshwater pearls usually have very small holes because they’re difficult to drill, so I’m certain it was challenging for Trollbeads to develop a drilling method to accommodate the thickness of a Trollbeads bracelet chain, and perhaps this was why pearls as actual Trollbeads “beads” weren’t readily available until Trollbeads could refine the drilling process.
The three Black Pearl Trollbeads currently available at Suzie Q Studio have a sterling silver core, which is stamped, and they’re smaller and more organically shaped than Trollbeads pearls available in subsequent years, and in the current Trollbeads collection, which I think makes them extra-unique and oh-so-precious!
• Bead ONLY… Bracelet and Lock Clasp not included.
• All Trollbeads are NEW stock and never worn.
• Trollbeads only fit onto Trollbeads bracelets… They don’t fit Pandora-Chamilia-Biagi style bracelets.
• Each freshwater pearl is unique in shape, size and colour.
• Colours shown on all products may appear differently between devices.
MATERIAL: Freshwater Pearl + Sterling Silver Core
SIZE: 7mm X 8mm